Monday, August 12, 2013

Transatlantic Poetry

I wrote a poem in English, then, via an online translator, I put the poem through several other non-English languages, then finally, I translated it back to English. The following poems are the original English version then its transatlantic version.



Haiku
(
transatlantic: English-spanish-dutch-english)
Original:
I miss home tonight.
People are all around me.
I am so alone.

Transatlantic:
I don't miss this evening at home.
All the people around me.
I am only.
 




How my life goes
(Transatlantic: English-Hebrew-Persian-English)

Original:
this is the story of how my life goes
of a rage as old as freshly fallen snow
the twists and turns pinched on a peculiar road
where i’ve tried to live as if i were really bold
we’ve got sadness and laughter and the jesus craze
long nights of drinking scotch with the wild sex days
i want to tell you all but i’m much too afraid
so hey
i was the boy who often felt alone
i prayed: dear god don’t leave me on my own
my feet are sinking and i’m standing on a tombstone
will i ever really feel much at home
i got three kids and two of them i really didn’t want
but now that they’re here i accept them like my thoughts
i’m standing still even though my urge is to walk
so hey




Transatlantic:
This is my life story of how the new old anger headlock,
snow fell on roads blocked concluded that I tried
to live as if it's really bold
We are sad, laughter, Christ there was a craze
last time of the night of drinking water
they live with Scotland sex days
I want to say to you but I am scared so much
say hello,
I was a child often feel alone
I pray that God drowning in my feet,
I of the government will ever really at home,
I three children,
two of them that I really do not want to
but now that they are here, as I accept my thoughts
I still there is need for me to go
say hello


The Purple Bridge
(Transatlantic: English-Swedish-Chinese-English)

Original:
There's a bridge that turns purple
into white
I was walking on that bridge
being asked to choose between the purple and the white
So I started heading for the light, the white
because that's what I've been taught to do
always move towards the white
always move towards the light

But I am purple
I am staying with purple
I am staying with the purple light
I am staying with purple tonight
I am purple man
I am staying with me tonight

Transatlantic:
Has the rotation purple and white
I goes to the bridge to request the bridge
of between choice
in the purple and white, therefore I start in the light, white, because is any I always moves in the optics toward the white always comes, but I purple

I and I and purple light will stay together
I and purple will stay together
the purple will stay together
I am the purple person
I tonight and I stay together tonight
 

No comments:

Post a Comment