Monday, August 12, 2013

642 Things to Write About

http://www.amazon.com/Things-Journal-Francisco-Writers-Grotto/dp/1452105448/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1376310964&sr=1-1&keywords=642+things+to+write+about

Based on my reference above, based on the book, 642 Things To Write About, I would like to share a few of my responses from that book with you.

Prompt: Arsenic

My Response: From where can I get some? ... Just to store away for a rainy day ... for someone else.

Prompt: A Present from your mother

My Response: Her gift of sacrifice; her willingness to go to Kmart and beg for forgiveness to the store manager based on my crime of shoplifting. My mother said it like this -- "I will come down to the store and beg on my knees in front of everyone, so you may take compassion upon my son and I, and not bring him to court." -- I am still moved by her gift.

Prompt: I can't go into this right now, but if I could, I'd tell you this...

My Response: I'm in love with you, and I'm terrified of your rejection so I do not want to speak of this right now. But if you choose to, I am open to your thoughts, at another time. This life is too short for us to miss these moments. You have been a force of quirky love in my life. I am paralyzed by all that is you. I only pretend to be less interested in you, in hopes that I may avoid all sorrow. But I know the truth: risk not taken is a life not lived. So, I pray that I go boldly, in hopes that the mighty forces may rescue me.

No comments:

Post a Comment