Monday, August 5, 2013

This Dark Time

I have a source of perilous and draining energy. She is one made from the root of all that I oppose, but she is connected to my life in a way that I cannot just shake. And this and next week, I face her in legal atmospheres that are filled with the greediest of souls. She is lover to Angels of light and the laughter that knows only shadows, and I am drained.

I was comforted by a scene from the former television series, Joan of Arcadia. For those of you who have never viewed any of the episodes, I highly recommend it. But allow me to draw your attention to something very specific that is helping me move one foot in front of the other. So, I continue...as I challenge all others to do.

Dog Walker God: Did you ever hear the riddle about the man, his boxes, and the bridge?
Joan: S-stop, I... I just want my friend back.
Dog Walker God: A man had three boxes, each box weighed five pounds, the man weighed 190. The bridge could only support 200. How did the man make it across the bridge with all his boxes?
Joan: This is just cruel.
Dog Walker God: How did he get across, Joan?
Joan: He juggles! Yes, okay, I get it, he keeps one box in the air the whole time! Yes, I get it! What are you saying? That if I juggle boxes across a bridge, I'll see Judith again?
Dog Walker God: Joan, the bridge is Life. The boxes: all your feelings. Your love. Your joy. Your pain. Your loss. Everyone is crossing a bridge with more weight than they can bear. So, you juggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment