Friday, August 24, 2007

Dearly Departed

And so many thoughts run through my mind. They seriously do. Quickly. Like planes stuck on runways. And there were so many other things to be said and were held back in my head or just in someone else's song. Now that I've had time to think, I know I can jot a few things your way, my way. We did it! Here and now.

"And we both feel lost, but I remember what Susan said,
'Our love is bound in the things we've given up,
More than in the things that we have kept.'
And ain't it funny what people say,
And ain't it funny what people write,
And ain't it funny how it hits you so hard
In the middle of the night.
And if your home is just another place where you're a stranger
And far away is just somewhere you've never been,
I hope you remember,
I was your friend.
I hope you have the strength to just remember
I'm still your friend."-- Rich Mullins, What Susan Said

And then it's been cool here in Jersey for the past few days. In August!!! Are we heading for fall already. That's my favorite, you know. I know you know.

"
each time you'd pull down the driveway
i wasn't sure when i would see you again
yours was a twisted blind sided highway
no matter which road you took then
oh you set up your place in my thoughts
moved in and made my thinking crowded
now we're out in the back with the barking dogs
my heart the red sun
your heart the moon clouded
i could go crazy on a night like tonight
when summer's beginning to give up her fight
and every thought's a possibility
and the voices are heard but nothing is seen
why do you spend this time with me
maybe an equal mystery" -- Indigo Girls, Mystery


And what if as time moves, we move to drums and violins and laughter and italian wine and cars driven from all sides. I'm still the ride, huh?


"
Now here we are
We're licking skin to wipe us clean
Strike a match, pour gasoline
Ditch the scene and watch this city burn
Asleep, my life will be a pillow steering wheel turn

I'll be reaching for the stars with you (honey)
Who cares if no one else believes
So I, set fire to everyone around
But I told you
I told you
We'd do it

So ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha
Yeah we won

We Drive
To leave the past and clear the mind
to watch the sunset set its time
I swear you'll find
I'm your ride home" -- Blue October, She's My Ride Home


But don't be fooled, I'm so prepared this time. So, (shhh), I keep secrets, and they never can tell by my smile.

"When we meet again
Introduced as friends
Please don't let on that you knew me when
I was hungry and it was your world." -- Bob Dylan, Just Like a Woman

But that's all I wanted to say tonight. Sleep loose, and let dreams breathe through a naked wind.

with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment