Sunday, March 2, 2008

the unilateral decision concerning bilateral hearts

You twice asked me to completely move on,

as if it were like stretching,

and not like rubbing sand to make diamonds.

I am amazed, blinded by your persistent

faith, by your dedicated, Catholic belief

that we are wrong for each other.

I wish I could sing like a lute;

words aside, harmonizing to your lilting voice.

But alas! I have lost. I am jazz to your self-reflective pop.

I once avoided an argument with you

over the use of the word ironic by Alanis Morissette.

We both remained smitten by her song.

It appears ironic to me that you were the only

one who fastidiously held to your druthers

that my death was not rapidly approaching.

This is ironic because, in truth, it was your hand,

thrusting that heavy dagger of disbelief

up under my rib, piercing my heart, and bleeding me out.

1 comment:

  1. Matthew 27:50 "And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit."

    Mark 15:37 With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last.

    Luke 23:46 Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." When he had said this, he breathed his last.




    That is how it happened. It doesn't sound like someone bowing their head down and dying to me.

    Read the Bible and study it with a humble spirit.. The answers are there. Most people "kind of know" the Bible just enough to get not understand its truth.

    I will pray for you. Glad that you don't have lymphoma.

    Sorry I don't have a google account
    barrybfl at juno dot com

    ReplyDelete