Tuesday, March 21, 2006

My wife and I have been through a lot in the past year, trying to make sense of it all, trying not to give up on each other, but wondering still . . .

I feel like we've come through something; seeing a little more clarity, a little more direction, seeking the help we need. Me putting my shoulder to the wheel and saying, "Let's roll." Knowing that we have so much beauty between us and sometimes we get stuck. And I get stuck because I don't see a box or I'm trying to redefine the box. And she gets stuck because she wants some of the box she's been told about, in ancient tales and silences.

Our daughter is so beautiful. She is a sensitive soul. I try to have Daddy moments with her. Just Saskia and Daddy dancing together. But if Tessin is around, Saskia reminds me what it's all about -- she doesn't want to just dance with Daddy; she wants Mommy to join us, too. All of us dancing together, like family.

Like I almost forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment