Wednesday, January 5, 2005

"Somehow we never seem to want to know why tyrants and patriots share the same row."

Rebel Voices, "Price of a Country"



I think about Tsunami. How tragedy is all around us at all times. How within this instant we think we are immortal. How the laws of Life remind us: we are not. How the outpouring of pain has moved millions to act, to pray, to salve.



Then I think about Iraq. Why are we still there? I think about the senselessness of it all. I think about our poor troops. I think about how Tsunami ripped lives apart. I think about giant bombs of "peace" ripping civilian lives apart. I think of the insurgents. I think about the pain they cause. I think about Sadam. I think about George. I think about Osama. I think about how "we never seem to want to know why tyrants and patriots share the same row."



Then I think about my baby, wanting her to live in a world without countries, without borders. If Tsunami teaches us anything, it teaches us that we are all connected. Droplet by droplet. Flood by flood. Life by life. Blood by blood.



I think of Tsunami and the tsunami within all of us . . . within the shores of my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment