Wednesday, August 15, 2012


How my life grows

this is the story of how my life goes
of a rage as old as freshly fallen snow
the twists and turns pinched on a peculiar road
where i’ve tried to live as if i were really bold

we’ve got sadness and laughter and the jesus craze
long nights of drinking scotch with the wild wild days
i want to tell you all but i’m much too afraid
so hey

i was the boy who often felt alone
i prayed: dear god don’t leave me on my own
my feet are sinking and i’m standing on a tombstone
will i ever really feel much at home

i got three kids and two of them i really didn’t want
but now that they’re here i accept them like my thoughts
i’m standing still even though my urge is to walk
so hey

why is depression laced within my miles
some days i forget how i used to smile
like jumping on my bike when i was a child
i can remember laughing for such a long while

i was riding and screaming and giggling too
the sunrise and the sunset left me all brand new
so if i make it through this life i’ll owe it all to you
so hey

have you seen how an oyster makes a pearl
it spits its pain into a brand new world
i tell this truth to you and every boy and girl
now it’s my turn for my mind to be unfurled

i got miles and miles to climb and fall before i sleep
so tired of chasing rain in these oceans deep
so hear me now: our lives will never be cheap
and yes

this is the story of how my life grows


msf
6/1/11-2/9/12

No comments:

Post a Comment