Thursday, November 25, 2010

A letter from a student

Dr. Fowlin, I would like to personally thank you for visiting my high school today. I am a junior and around the same time last year I attempted suicide for various reasons but was saved by a miracle. Getting back up since that time has been a long and tedious path, but nonetheless I'm coming through it all. Last year I found God once again and the reason I am still here today is because of my faith in Christ and my strong dreams of joining the US Army. Only close friends of mine are aware of what happened to me, but this year my school has been taking a bigger stand on suicide prevention ever since the tragic loss of Tyler Clementi. Your message was strong and amazing and it will stick with me forever. Thank you sir for not only influencing me, but thousands of others as well.

1 comment: