Thursday, August 10, 2006

Joan of Arcadia

Have you seen this t.v. show that was cancelled a couple of years ago? Wow! I love it, but I'm not sure what it is that speaks to me so deeply. I kid you not, most of the episodes bring tears to my eyes. If you're not familiar with it, allow me to set the stage.

Joan of Arcadia is a modern day Joan of Arc, if you will. She directly sees and hears from God, however, she finds God to be somewhat of a pest at times with the God design. God has Joan doing activities that make no sense to her initially. She asks 'why' and God remains silent. Nevertheless, at the end of each assignment, Joan begins to understand the bigger picture. She doesn't always follow God's requests, and later finds out why that was not the best of choices. It's never like God is punishing her for not following God's requests; it's more about God seeing the entire picture and never wanting God's creation to suffer.

I am not doing justice to how things unfold, but I highly recommend this series to people who have spiritual interests or to those who enjoy creative stories. Huge on my list of recent favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment