Sunday, February 12, 2006

I can handle disturbing things . . . but tonight, I watched a movie that rocked my foundation. The movie was called "Turtles Can Fly." It takes place in Iraq a few days before and up to the initial American invasion. The "actors" are non-professionals; real individuals who live in Iraq. The main characters are children, but DO NOT think for a minute that this film is a kid's film, though the cover of the DVD can make one believe such a fairy tale.


I will not give away any of the story line, except to say that part of what is intriguing within this story is the way others view us (Americans), as if we have it together. Hmm . . . interesting.


I don't readily recommend this movie to most people . . . unless you can handle the upsetting and disturbing. Personally, I "enjoy" disturbing issues, but this movie unsettled me in a way that is hard to shake. Without doubt, certainly a powerful film, but I have not been this shaken in a while, and believe me, I've seen my share of upsetting material.


Well, good night, my friends. I will visit you soon . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment