Sunday, January 29, 2006

Annoying!! Without a doubt. There's a school in the northeast where the parents and administrators are terribly annoying. Truly. The school is not important to name, because they represent so many schools right here in America. I can get so frustrated by the hate disguised as some religious piety disguised as godly love. These people make a mockery out of life itself. They are vermin. These people are always worried about their image, without ever truly worrying about what their children need! And they wonder why their children do not confide in them?! Pathetic! And what's even more frustrating -- the way they approach me, as if I will not see through their weak intellect, their disguised hate.

I feel badly for the liaisons who bring me in and are caught in between this mess. The chatter goes something like this: "Could you not include your gay football player . . . because . . . umm . . . some parents are concerned that you might be promoting homosexuality." ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!??!?!?!??!?!??!! Promoting homosexuality by mentioning it? What does that mean? Am I to assume that because I have a character who is East Indian and Korean that I am promoting East Indian and Korean people to "get together."

Why are we so afraid? It makes me so sad. So many adults can't do anything genuinely and therefore hide behind masks of religion and politics, and teach millions of children how to be afraid. I pray never to be a parent like these chattering fools on so many boards of education (HA!) and PTAs across this country. I don't really care for them very much -- not the board of education or PTAs, in general, but just these festering viruses that make my job that much harder.

Oh, here's the latest . . . there's a school district in Monmouth County, New Jersey -- will not mention their name (but it is NOT Freehold Twp., Freehold Boro, Manalapan, Colts Neck, or Howell) -- who's had me perform successfully in their schools for years. However, this year they will not be having me back because I refuse to purchase an additional insurance policy (would cost me roughly $3000/year) that will cover me an extra $1,000,000 and $2,000,000 for them in case of a lawsuit due to damages when I'm at the school. No offense, but my show does not explode or cause any bodily harm to students. This business office is so obsessed with worries of being sued that they have now emotionally jeopardized their students for the sake of unreasonably protecting their financial interests. I refused to even look into a possible purchase of additional insurance. I don't need them. I feel sad for the students of this school district; sad because the business office is just a mere reflection of the larger adult community. Pitiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment