Sunday, November 20, 2005

I think it's the written words of others that helps me the most. When I feel dark what helps me most during those times is reading: poetry, essays, epitaphs. This morning I was reading excerpts from the book, The Little Big Book of Life, a wonderful collection of poems, short essays and stories, and different quotes. It really helped lift my spirit. As many of you know (those who read my blogs), I have been in a dark place as of late. It's all so complicated, but I feel as if I'm rising slowly. I need to visit a cemetery soon. I always feel more alive after looking at tombstones. I love seeing what people have written on them. Most people have the typical stuff, but every once in a while there are some amazing maxims carved in these tombstones that serve as a source of strength for me. I am still in a tough place, and will be for a while, but whereas only darkness was visible, I am starting to see shadows . . . light must be somewhere around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment